Mar 29, 2022

Day 3 and still broken down

The RV was in the shop from 7:30 AM till 3;30PM.  They ‘think’ they know what the problem is, based on the codes from the computer. Once we got it back it took us 2.5 hours to clean the extra dirt brought in by the mechanics. In the end we dusted, vacuumed and just made the RV ours again.

Parts have been ordered but not until late today so the expedited overnight shipping that we are paying for won’t get here until Thursday. Had they told us we would have driven the two hours to Phoenix to pick up the parts.

All I can post now. Not pulling out the generator tonight. Running out of electricity and low on posting GB’s tonight. Not sure if that is the correct term. Taco Bell for lunch and Subway for dinner 😯

Details and a post with a few photos tomorrow.  We need to take a few hours off tonight. I will probably be in bed by nine!

<< Older Posts        Home        Newer Posts >>

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Day 3 and still broken down”

  1. Lucy says:

    Hi Contessa & Colin, so sorry U guys are still on the waiting stage; things break down on the blink of an eye then it takes forever to get fixed.:-(.
    I just can imagine how breakdowns will be in the future with the newest vehicles been totally & whole computerized, it will be a nightmare to find parts for them + to patch ’em up.

  2. Jim and Barb says:

    Fingers crossed your parts arrive quickly and you are back on the road soon!

  3. Hoping the parts do the trick. Dealing with mechanical issues is always stressful.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy your new adventure.

    It’s about time

  4. Hoping all ordered parts will make it in time and take care of the problems. You never said what the problem was and where exactly you are parked right now.
    In any case it sure is a stressful situation to be stuck somewhere with unexpected repairs. Wishing you good luck and hoping it won’t cost you a bundle.

  5. sue says:

    Grrr. The repair yard frustrations! We were broken down in Grand Junction, Colorado at one point, told parts would take 3 days to arrive, yadda yadda yadda. We finally found out that the parts that would take 3 days to arrive were in Denver – just 5 hours away! Something about the timing of the order and the weekend… any rate, we drove those 5 hours to Denver, picked up the parts, and drove the 5 hours back. The night crew installed them (although we were warned against having the night crew do any work for us….) and we were back on the road the next day! That fix lasted a year so the night crew did an ok job at least! Good luck, we feel your pain.

  6. Doug Laning says:

    Good luck. Hope this stressful time is soon over and you’re on your way.

Leave a Reply