Nov 17, 2021

We have no idea what is happening

We have spent the past two days on the phone on hold. At this point we have two generators supposedly being shipped to us to arrive Friday. However the one being sent by Amazon has either been lost or stolen by UPS. It has gone thru on our Visa. So in answer to that we ordered another small one from Home Depot who claimed it would be here by Friday. It soon became apparent that it would not be delivered as stated on our invoice. We spoke ( 3.5 hours wait ) to Reese at Home Depot yesterday and he said that he could not stop the shipment but that it would not be here for a week or two. Well we will not be here.  Tough, we have to return it to get a refund. Spent over fours hours with Clancy today at Home Depot  who is not sure if the shipment can be stopped but did state that there was no way it would arrive by Friday as stated on their website. He said that we should contact Visa to block the payment.

So we waited 1 hour and 49 minutes for the fraud department at our Visa and when the agent came on line she said I can’t hear us and hung up. So we started all over again and now at 10:30PM we have been waiting another hour. We have been on the phone to resolve this since 1:30PM. Home Depot says that we have to pay even though it will not be delivered to us in time.

So the original generator ordered on November 9th has been declared a loss by Amazon, that took about ten hours online yesterday. So at this point we have two generators being delivered Friday and charged to our Visa.  The original shipper of the generator said he would resend it.  BUT he would not add that it needed to be delivered to our site and not the main office ( who will refuse it ). Too big of a parcel to accept. Basically it looks like neither will be delivered but we are on the hook to pay for both despite them saying that it will be here by Friday as we are leaving Saturday.

Visa has been of no help.  We have been on hold for a long time, both had showers and ate dinner. What to do? Now after 11PM we have closed the phone – like the office shut down a fee hours ago. They kept saying that the call would be recorded, I hope so cuz I will be on to them tomorrow.

Meanwhile we discovered that our palapa roof was NOT repaired in full, just the part that was obvious  area from the ground and not the exposed and torn plastic on top.

At this point we have no idea what comes next.

We have the RV tech here tomorrow at noon but the 2 day priority mail did not show up with the part for the Roadmaster tow bar. Hopefully it will come early tomorrow morning. At least he can fix the stairs. However we can’t go anywhere without a functioning tow bar, never mind  a generator.

Looks like we may need to involve a lawyer to deal with all of this but is worth the money or do we just take a 2K loss. It still does not give us a generator.

VERY VERY frustrating. We have spent the past two days on hold or at least one of us has, we take turns. Masking is no longer a thing at Walmart, I asked and was told that Walmart no longer cared. So on and so on.

It is 11PM and we have had the phone on hold since 1:30PM. We have an RV tech coming at noon, will we have the parts??

I am totally done and we have talked about going back home. We are exhausted.  Anyway I just put this put this together so that you know the que pasa of what is happening.

Off to bed…..who knows what tomorrow will bring. We do realize how fortunate we are compared to many others in BC dealing with the mudslides and severe flooding, loss of life and so many farm animals.

Published without proofing.

 

PS, Lucy we have well over 1200 miles to go before we get to the Isla.

<< Older Posts        Home        Newer Posts >>

11 responses so far

11 Responses to “We have no idea what is happening”

  1. SandyM says:

    I am so sorry for all the troubles. Is leaving Saturday set in stone? Could you stay in Vegas a couple more days so at least one or both of the generators could get to you or would that involve too many changes down the road? Returning to BC could be very difficult right now. Wishing you a better day tomorrow.

  2. Maxx Trails says:

    Oh Contessa I don’t know what to say 🙁 All I can do is send prayers to you and Colin that all these issues get resolved quickly.

  3. Kathryn Tycho says:

    Plans are made to be changed..book another week and take some of the pressure off. This is only November with many sunny months in your future.

  4. Jannose says:

    Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. Everything eventually works out. Take this time to enjoy where you are and just take things one at a time. You will eventually get to Mexico and in the meantime are enjoying beautiful weather. Take care.

  5. Kay says:

    Contessa, call the local tv channel that has the consumer watch segment. Also, get the district manager on the phone for Home Depot. He can make things happen per a friend of mine who worked at Home Depot. You must stay strong because it means you will win this unfortunate battle. Call the UPS or go there and speak to the manager, have that manager of the UPS facility intercept that package and re-route for you. They can and will do this. If you need a place to have it left, I will accept the package and keep it for you here in Mesa. I am only about 5 to 6 hours from you right now.

  6. Don McKelvay says:

    So sorry for all the problems and especially the frustrations. It is terrible when companies will not help as there is always a solution. Would not staying a few extra days not help? As they say Keep Calm.

  7. Lucy says:

    Oh my, Contessa: things are pretty tangled up for U guys, so sorry it’s happening. 🙁 . Could U stay a couple of more days where U are, hopefully things take a positive turn for U. Have U read Wu Wei Wisdom… it says: ‘ everything that happen to us, happens for a reason & the results will be favorable to us’; of course the + things for us will show down the road…please give it time to ‘ untangle’. U mentioned that U guys have been tempted to turn back rather than continue South…give it few days, perhaps is better to be miserable & WARM, than been miserable, FROZEN & WET, unfortunately the weather up North is scary to say the least. Best of luck, prayers for U’r well being. My regards: Lucy.

  8. Cindy says:

    I agree with some of your readers…regroup…stay there longer and wait for the generator…mexico will be there when you can get there! Relax and unwind and enjoy the warm weather!

    It snowed off and on here all day today…you won’t want to come home to that!
    Hang in there!

  9. Michelle says:

    Hi Contessa,
    I think you guys can use a bottle of wine and some hugs!
    Remember the best is yet to come!
    Safe travels,
    Michelle

  10. Jim and Barb says:

    Yikes! Hope things go better tomorrow and you get things resolved!

  11. Croft says:

    I am following with interest and I share your frustration. I know exactly how you feel and the older we get, the harder it is to suffer these incompetent fools! Hang in there, everything will work out. Eventually,

Leave a Reply to Jim and Barb