Jan 01, 2021

What fun we had preparing for 2021

We woke to bit of snow December 31st.  Just enough that it needed to be shovelled.

The lake is showing more and more open areas of thin ice.

The ice had been around for a long time. By 4PM today ( January 1 ) the ice had melted. We got up to a high of 2C/36F.  Looks like we will be having a bit of a melt over the next few days.

So pretty.

We had a lovely walk through various paths in the park. I was pleasantly surprised that the park had actually shovelled a small path in so many corners of the park. We just had to watch for falling snow off the cedars.

A sign on someones back gate. Yes another type of paradise.

Ogopogo was hiding around a corner.

We wondered if some bird was wintering here.

Someone had fun building a pair of snowmen in the garden area.

Bigger circles and a wee sunset on the last day of 2020. We have noticed that is it staying lighter later. Not so dark so early. Looking forward to spring.

We enjoyed an Australian Pinot Grigio along with a lovely Brie, spinach balls and a few other snacks.  Dinner was a tasty Alfredo pasta with salmon and some fresh spinach. As it baked we dressed for the evening. I pulled out a pair of rhinestone earrings  ( I do have several pair ) and a rhinestone necklace. As I had just washed my hair, my sparkly hair pieces would not stay in my hair ( very very fine hair ).  No matter as Colin had a Happy New Year tiara for me and a lovely gold fedora for himself as well as some faux New Year gold necklaces. We were ready to party. Dinner was served just before 9PM.  Somehow we were so busy that we never managed to open the champagne but it is waiting for us. Perhaps tonight.

After dinner there were Jingle Dares game crackers with paper hats as well as joke challenges and a spin the wheel task to be performed. We had six crackers to pull, Colin got the first one and I got the other five 😆 What fun we had. All the while we feasted on the Christmas cake that we had made and of course some of our cookies. There was no doubt that various chocolates as well as liqueurs were consumed.  We turned on CNN about 11:30PM our time, watched till about 12:20AM.  Then we just kept having good time.

Although we have gone out for many years to bring in the New Year in Mazaltan we had just as good, perhaps an even better party right here at home. We finally got to bed just past 1:30AM.

May 2021 be all we hope it to be.

We certainly rolled in the New Year.

Please keep wearing your masks and practice social distancing and don’t forget your hand sanitizer.

And in case you were too busy to check my post on the last day of 2020, here it is again.

18 Responses to “What fun we had preparing for 2021”

1. Brenda Lee Carrier says:

Happy New Year to you and Collin. You two have so much fun together, so very nice to see. I’m so glad your enjoying your 1st winter. May the new year bring you health and happiness and hopefully travel…oxoxo

Thank you Brenda. Lovely to hear from you again. Yes we are suprised at how much we are enjoying this first winter. If we have to to it again next winter we will not be so anxious about it all. But hopefully will be able to travel.

2. Kathryn Tycho says:

You crazy kids, we were in bed sleeping at 1:30 am! Happy New Year.

Even if we were in Mexico ( in normal times ) we would’ve gone to the Machado and still been up til then. Glad we weren’t this year, I have been riding about how cold and windy it has been. Again I am happy that you are there, enjoying Mazatlan and staying safe.

3. Glad you managed to bring in the New Year.
    We keep having Flurries that melt the next day.
    Glad I don’t have to shovel anymore.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the New Year.

It’s about time.

4. Jim and Barb says:

What a beautiful start to 2021!

Thank you. I can see what a wonderful winter you are having in you new home. I truly hope that you will be able to get to Alaska this spring.

5. Deb says:

A wonderful way to ring in the new year!!!!

How wonderful to see you hear again. I hope that the New Year will send you heading back south come the end of September. We all need to travel again. I mean how long can they keep that Canadian border closed?

6. Maxx Trails says:

You party animals -) It sounds like you had so much fun, what a great way to end 2020 and bring in 2021.

7. Judith says:

Looks like you had a great new year’s eve, and your supper sounds beyond delicious! As usual, I was asleep by the time the new year arrived, but I did enjoy some actual snow falling for the evening. Lovely little new year’s eve gift….that’s because it was in Texas, where it’s rare, and because no shoveling is ever required as it melts the next day or soon after. But it is beautiful while it lasts.
    Here’s to a much better 2021 than 2020!!

You actually got some snow. How amazing and special. Perhaps that is a sign that 2021 will be a great year for you. We all need a bit more freedom to get out and about again. So happy that Mother Nature brought you a gift.

8. Catheline says:

You two really know how to bring in a New Year!

9. Dolores says:

U guys are SO great, always make an occasion out of situation u r in!! And do it so well!!
    Happy New Year!!!