Jun 06, 2020

Ripples

Odd demarkation in the lake last evening.  The geese stayed in the smooth area nibbling on weeds.

Just a bit later the sun came out from where it was hiding behind clouds.

This morning the light emphasized the ripples on either side of the food/weed patch. The current was actively moving from the left to the right except in the middle where it was calm.

My friend Cindy organized another drive for the food bank a few days ago. They collected enough food to fill a pick up and an SUV plus $725.00. That is what I call a positive ripple.

Now that is a huge ripple.

Where do I sign up to get a reset on 2020?

14 Responses to “Ripples”

1. Jackie Hawkins says:

I take offense at your sign linking Trump to the riots, unemployment and the number of people dead. He is in no way responsible for Covid19, or the death of George Floyd.

Thanks for reading my blog and taking the time to comment.Not trying to offend, just reposting the sign from elsewhere. The purpose is to make people think. The entire world is in dire straights. At the moment it seems that our lives will never be the same. What can be done to change that?

• Lucy says:

Hi Contessa: I realize we all have an opinion regard. many issues, the cut & paste that’s on your post, to my opinion is aimed to dessinform, all the points mentioned are pure fallacy. #1) Under Trump & regardless of all the attacks from the opposition he has endured in the last 3+years, we have had a BOOMING economy not seen since the 1970’s, under the prior government the unemploying rate went up to 7.6 %, with Trump the unemploying came down to 3.7 %. 2) If nowadays we have 40 million people unemployed, is NOT due to Trump’s policies, is due to the Corona Virus. US as many other countries have been shut down, thus many people lost their jobs. Trump is been blamed for the virus, I have news for you ALL, THE VIRUS was created in Wuhan, CHINA, the responsable one is the communist regime in cooperation with the WHO. And yes, it may be 100.000 dead people how is that Trump’s fault ? 3) Yes, unfortunately the army is on the streets, is necessary to protect the honest citizens from the hordes that are destroying, burning everting on their way, I’m pro safety & security, is that a sin ? 4) Finally, yes Trump & his constituent will be trying hard to ” MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN’ because we LOVE the USA, we are nationalists NOT globalists like the opposition.

Good to hear from you again Lucy. In all the years you have been reading my blog, when have I ever gotten into politics – never! I must say that I am surprised at the reaction from a few of my American readers. I say that because when I saw that graphic and decided to add it to this blog post I never expected any reactions. As you said, we all have different opinions over many issues. I saw it and read it and thought is would fit my subject of ‘ripples’ in terms of what is happening in the world in a very general sense. We all interpret things differently. I agree with you, the economy is booming and that is wonderful. What you said in your #2 about Trump being blamed for Covid-19, this is the very first time I have read that statement. It is very clear that the virus originated in Wuhan, China. As to the army on the street, that is an unfortunate situation. “A riot is the language of the unheard” – MLK Jr. My point in adding this to my post was to show what a sad state of affairs our world is in at the moment.

• Lucy says:

Hi contessa! I really like the quotation of ” A riot is the language of the unheard ” it does make sense, however, when the riots keep up for and extended period of time, regardless of + actions taken to fulfill the rioters demands, there is something else behind it, something ‘ fishy ‘, something that sounds like a well pre-planned, well organized & well financed agenda; we have here something that doesn’t meet the eye, entiendes ?? … 😉 😉 My regards: Lucy.

2. Weckerly says:

And none of those are Trumps fault. The virus is responsible for the unemployed and the riots are the result of one bad cop.

3. Amazing how nature leaves us scratching our heads in wonder. It is the underwater vegetation that slows the current movement.
    Totally agree with both your signs today.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the calmer weather.

It’s about time.

4. Great success on that food drive, so nice to see. Yes, it would be ok if 2020 just went away. Just one day at a time I guess

I wonder what will be written in the history books about 2020? All we can do is take each day at a time and live it to the fullest.

5. Jim Davis says:

Thought you might like to hear from an American reader who completely agrees with your signs, especially the Trump one. While it may be true that Trump did not create the Corona Virus, what he did do was not listen to the medical experts and take the required steps to control and contain it. Had he done so the death toll here in the US would be far less than the 111,000 that it is now. His concern, as it has always been, is about himself, not the American people.

Having said all that, good on you for the food drive, there are many people hurting out there and the need is great.

And finally, from my sailboat racing days, when we saw a patch of ripples on the water like that we called it a carpet.

Be well and stay safe