Apr 04, 2020

Winter in April

In the sunny Okanagan 😯  🙄  🙁

Yesterday we were treated to some unusual weather.  Very cool temps, strong wind and snow.

Of course it was a delight for us to watch the snow flurries.

They snow came and went. I haven’t read anything about this being a new record but I have never seen snow fall here in April.

I looked up at our unusual window and saw the snow.

That is my usual window. We built this place they wanted to fill that area in with solid material and I immediately said no, that I wanted a window.  Its not like we didn’t have enough windows but more is always better.  That is my desk on the right with the green lamp and Colin’s desk is further back against the far windows ( curtain is up ).  That dark door on the left is the entrance to our infrared sauna.  A different angle of our home that I have never shown before.

So glad we were warm inside thanks to our fireplace.  It was a cool 12F last night and tonight may be our last really cold night, only going down to 27F.  Spring just may be here soon.

10 Responses to “Winter in April”

1. Glad you are slowly getting settled in while dealing with the Isolation.
    Just a thought: It could be your computer’s Virus Protection not allowing you to comment. Check your settings.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.

It’s about time.

I wish it was just as easy as checking my virus settings. All three of our computers and iPad are all Apple products and we have any virus protection. Apple products very seldom if ever get a virus.

2. Hey Contessa hope you and Collin are staying healthy. It is for sure a trying time for all of us to stay put especially when it is not so nice outside and we are confined to our homes. You sure have a lovely one and even your views over the lake on a cloudy day look beautiful. Thank goodness most of us have Internet access and a computer or other device to connect us to the world and to maybe put our minds into other things rather than hearing the constant bad news from social media. Hopefully the weather in your area is warming up quickly so you can start on your vegetable garden. I’ll be looking forward to some pictures of it.

We do love our home and our views. It took a good deal of work to make it what it is and we are so happy to be here. I can’t imagine not having internet. We don’t with TV much and I read my news online. I am hoping that by the end of the weekend we will have some things planted.

3. Your home is lovely. If you and I can’t be off travelling at least we have nice spaces to be safe and sound in. It rain snowed here yesterday morning but now the forecast for the next 7 days looks lovely, even a high of plus 16 midweek!!! That means I can plant some of the peas I kept back from the starters right into the ground!

So I can plant my peas end of the week? We are supposed to have warm weather also. Colin and I are quite happy to stay here year round if we have to, except for the winter part. As long as I can go for a walk I will be happy. Only two more full days until I can.

4. Maxx Trails says:

We live so close and yet so far away, we didn’t get any snow yesterday. But it was cold, I don’t think old man winter is willing to give up this year! Although in some ways that might be a good thing as it does keep people indoors, I worry about what will happen when it warms up to our usual Okanagan spring. People will have been cooped up for so long I hope they are still able to stay away from popular, narrow, hiking trails and such.

Yes it was cold, surprised you didn’t get snow as the clouds were dark towards your way. I am so looking forward to heat, I have been chilled since we left the Isla. Even Vegas was very cold. I too am concerned about how people are going to deal with the nice weather we are supposed to get.

5. Croft Randle says:

I had snow up here in Campbell River yesterday as well and Brooks had five inches in Shawnigan Lake! It is kind of fun to watch when we know we do not have to go out in it. Nothing to do but just settle in for the long term and make plans for when we can get out and travel!