Jul 07, 2019

A bit of fun stuff

Based on the comments from my last post I am somewhat concerned.  It appears that many of us are shrinking.  Is it the water we are drinking?

Colin was looking through some older photos and came across this photo of Cheikka and me.  She was leaning over as far as possible to check out the contents of the fridge.

Cheikka was how we became the 5C’s.  Back in 2010 I was in a horrific car accident and because of that we had to give her up.  That story is here.  She was a character and we often wonder what our life would be like had we been able to keep her. There is a bit about how we found Cheikka in this blog post.  We are happy to have rescued Cheikka but sad that we lost her.  In the next photo you can see how she quickly became a part of our lives.

She even traveled to Edmonton with us once. Photos are wonderful things and bring back so many memories  and stories. Of course that is Caeli on Colin’s lap with Carmeh on the dash.

Photo taken today. As well as having a dog bed on the RV dash with dog toys in it, we also have one here in the house.

For those of you who know about Colin’s wild socks, you will find this photo apropros.

And to think that this post all came about from the first photo that Colin found and emailed to me.

8 Responses to “A bit of fun stuff”

1. George Yates says:

It was a fun post and lots of nice memories.
    We all get shorter over time as the disks in our back compress.

2. Alan Brechin says:

Very true about the shrinking thing. Either my wife has grown three inches or I have shrunk in the many years we have been married. We love Colin’s socks. They are an extension of his personality

How lovely to hear from you. Perhaps you have shrunk 1.5 inches and Laura has grown the other 1.5 inches. Yes his socks are making statements and getting more attention.

3. Yes, pretty sure I’m shrinking. We have one of those handy dandy rubbermaid stools that weigh almost nothing and I use it all the bloody time.

I don’t have a place for one of those but I do have a fold up one that I can use. As long as Colin is around I rely on him.

4. Maxx Trails says:

What wonderful photos, they brought a huge smile to face. But what a shocking story of your accident! You are so lucky, not only to have survived but to have such a wonderful supportive spouse 🙂

Yes it was a horrific experience but we have moved on. I could not have managed without Colin. To this day I still lean on him. I guess for you and my newer readers, the accident clarifies my walking/climbing issues. We do miss our lovely Cheikka, she was very cheeky and loved to eat.