Jan 17, 2019

It was not a good day at all

I am still reeling from a summons I received yesterday to jury duty for next month.  The first time I have ever been called.  Fortunately the people looking after our mail spotted the official envelope and contacted me to see if they should open the envelope.  The trial is scheduled to last a full month.  It is the law to respond to such a summons.  I am still working on getting out of it.   If you have travel plans and can show prepaid documentation that is enough to be excused.  RVing is a bit different with no such documentation.  I think it would be most interesting to be a juror but I am not going back for this.  Fortunately having just recently turned 65 I am able to use that as a way to excuse myself.  However I don’t want to take myself off the list permanently but just for this particular trail which must be a big one.


It was a busy day so we only did just under a two mile beach walk.  I watered my garden, checked for aphids and did my usual trimming.  I have a hibiscus which has at least a third of it’s leaves turning yellow 😥  Meanwhile Colin was dumping our tanks and setting up our flushing system.  We just got that repaired last Saturday so today was the first time we have been able to flush our tanks since last April when the problem began ( we were flooded then as well ).

I was outside and heard his cry ” I need towels, lots of them, we are flooding! ”  I rushed inside to see water, smelly water, all over the place.  Long story short, Colin believes that the RV tech reversed the lines when he but them back into place.  Remember that he had to take our oven out as the valves are behind it.  So as Colin was flushing the black tank, the grey tank was filling and once it was full, it filled our very deep shower ( can be used as mini bath ) and then proceeded to overflow all over the floor and the bedroom carpet.  All I can say is that at least we didn’t start to flush the grey tank as we would have had the black tank contents spewing out the vent at the top of the RV all over the place and onto the RV next to us.

I only had time for one quick shaky photo.

I had a 2PM appointment in Mazatlan to get my hair colored and cut.  The name of the boat is the Albatros.

Colin left the messy stinky clean up to drive me to the embarcadero where I took the lancha across to Mazatlan and then a pulmomia to my appointment at Tippy Toes.

Taken from the Isla embarcadero.

I walked into Tippy Toes and was asked how could they help me 😯   Umm, I have an appointment.  “No you don’t, it is for tomorrow”  I disagree as I did make if for today the 17th.  “Sorry, come back tomorrow”.   I borrow their cell phone to call Colin to come and pick me up in 30 minutes.  Once my hair was to have been done then Colin was coming in to get his cut and then we had plans to go to dinner.  He was as surprised as I was.  So instead I walked over to Panama Bakery to pick up croissants for dinner. They only had two and I needed four.  So I ended up buying some type of pan which I have no idea if it is suitable ( I will let you know once I finish this post ).  My impromptu meal plan was lox and creme cheese on croissants.

Then I could not find a pulmonia to get me back to the embarcadero so I started walking up and down and about 10 minutes later I found one 😕  The lancha was ready to go and Colin was waiting for me on the Isla.  First thing I did when I got back here was to check my email from last September which showed that I was in fact correct in that my appointment was for today and not tomorrow 🙄 Not my mistake.

So two major problems today.  The flood due to the RV tech and the appointment botch due to someone not being efficent.  It really did affect our day.

Even Mother Nature was not happy.

<< Older Posts        Home        Newer Posts >>

9 responses so far

9 Responses to “It was not a good day at all”

  1. Rod Williams says:

    I received one of those a few years ago just before we headed South. I just phoned the 1-855 # and told them I had a reservation in AZ and I was excused. Easy peasy.

  2. Kathryn Tycho says:

    One of those jury duty calls came when I was away winter before last, didn’t get opened and nothing came of it.

    • contessa says:

      Good to know. I ended up sending them an email stating that we had arrived here on November 15th and were not leaving until March 20th and would not be home until April 1st. I also explained where we were and gave the name and telephone number of the owner. I was excused within 30 minutes.

  3. Deb says:

    I’m sure if you call the Sheriff’s office and explain that you are out of the country they will excuse you. They have a huge pool to pick from and one person not being there isn’t going to make that much difference.

    Sorry to hear about the flood. Not a fun thing at all. Try sprinkling some baking soda on the carpet and let it absorb the odor, then you simply vacuum it up. I would apply it over night.

    Hope you have a better day today!

    • contessa says:

      Thank you for the baking soda idea. I do have some. Today was not a better day but we are still alive and hanging in.

  4. George Yates says:

    I was called for jury duty when I had my restaurant and explained I would have to close my business to attend I was excused.
    Flooding the coach is not fun I did ours twice with the black water. It did not come out the roof but out the toilet, soaking the carpet with black water. not fun.

  5. Oh Contessa, just read about all your trouble. So sorry. What a mess you had and I am sure it will need some doing to clean up and get that fixed. And in addition it was not your fault!
    Hopefully all will turn out ok at the end. Stay positive.

Leave a Reply