Oct 03, 2017

Another busy day

Wow was it cold this morning, -5C/23F, and yes there was frost.  We have been using the fireplace every morning to warm the house up.  Of course it wouldn’t be so cold in here if we closed the blinds at night.   But we love to leave them open day and night at this time of year.  So great to see the moon rise and then cross from one side of the lake to the other.  Then once the sun rises it fills the house with light and warmth.  How fortunate we are to have the privacy we do.  It is worth paying a bit more for heat so that we can enjoy nature.

I am sad to say that I haven’t been outside since I took the laptop in.  Just too much to do with the business and getting my to do lists ready for Mexico.  So my steps vary from 4000 to 7000 ish.  I do a lot of house walking as I also make a point of not sitting too long so I get up every so often to walk and stretch.  We are supposed to have sun for the next few days which is giving Colin a chance to catch up on some jobs.  Of course now that the weather is perfect and he has has a few free hours here and there, the clients are not ready.  I predict that when the rains start in earnest they will start to call.  He has about 15 days left of shooting time and then that is it.  The days after that will be the final editing and photoshop.  Then he has to do some things to get us ready to leave such as putting all of our plant pots, patio furniture, etc away for the winter.  I am always glued to my desk and computer the month before we leave and the first month once we return.  It is not easy running a business for the time we are away and I do as much prep as I can.

A few weeks ago we noticed that the  leather on our sectional was starting to have some tiny cracks.  We did some research and found out that what was sold to us five years ago was not true leather but rather bonded leather.  We knew that we would have to replace it in a year or so.  By accident I noticed an ad for a real high quality leather sectional.  It was close to 50% off.  This is not the right time for us financially or time wise but it was too good a deal to pass up.

So yesterday we went into town and checked it out.  Lovely comfortable sofa.  It is about 11 inches too long for the space but we can make it work.  So last night I listed our sectional on a free site and paid $15.00 to have it stay at the top of the listings.  I got calls, emails and texts ( to our landline ) until 11PM last night.  There were three people who wanted to come by today.  The first lady who called could only come at 2PM and she came with cash and bought it.  I asked $750.00 and was willing to take $600.00 but I had a total of eight people wanting to pay that amount.  Everyone was disappointed when I called to let them know that it was sold.  I had told everyone about the fine cracks that were developing in the leather.  I also listed the old desktop but no bites yet.

Speaking of computers I did call the geek guys this afternoon.  The low guy on the totem pole told me that he heard it might just be that I needed to upgrade to High Sierra and that it should be fine.  He told me that he would have Mr. Manager get back go me.  Of course he didn’t but I am happy that it appears to not be the hard drive.  However I am perplexed as to why he never called back.  Hopefully nothing further is amiss.

Enough for tonight.  As always thanks so much for your comments.


<< Older Posts        Home        Newer Posts >>

2 responses so far

2 Responses to “Another busy day”

  1. George Yates says:

    More good luck needed with you computer. Sounds like a good deal on your new sectional.

  2. Rod says:

    You need at least,1 dogO:-):-$

Leave a Reply