Apr 01, 2017
Our hearts were breaking and the tears were flowing. What to do? We knew that we wanted to donate what we could to Amigos de Los Animales here in Mazatlan. This group of volunteers gives their all to dogs and cats in the city. On their website they have a huge wishlist of things that would help them do their job. By the way they do take donations online. So we decided that the best way we could honor our girls was to donate their things to help other animals. We spent the next few hours going through the RV and collecting items.
Meanwhile about the same time that this was all happening with the girls, Colin’s mother was admitted to hospital in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We have called her Mommio for years and years because she is so hip and with it and now she is 102 years and 5 months. Rather devastating to all of us to see her freedom curtailed. It appears to be a comedy of errors that got her hospitalized but now she is there and not doing well at all. All we know is that it is imperative for us or for Colin to get there as soon as possible.
We had travel plans to leave here Monday, April 3rd with the girls. Now it is just the two of us. We are now leaving tomorrow morning at 5AM. We have no idea if we will stop once in the US, store the RV and fly to Winnipeg but that depends on us being able to extend our travel medical insurance. Or will we travel home and then head to Manitoba. It is all up in the air. It depends on how stable Mommio is. All we know is that we need to pack up ASAP and hit the road and make our plans on the fly based on the facts as they happen.
We miss our girls with each breath we take and our hearts have a big hole in them. I plan to keep posting photos of them for a long while as we have so many to share.
Thank you for all your blog comments, emails and hugs, they are all helping.