May 01, 2016

Exactly one month ago

We left the Isla at 5:30AM to head back home here in Kelowna.  Today Colin left at 6:30AM to do photography, his first job of the year.  He will be gone till about 10:30PM, a long day for him.  As I am housebound for obvious reasons the girls got a very early morning walk and won’t get another till tonight.  I hope to be able to start getting out again but need for my face to heal up first.  It was a very cool 1C/33F this morning but the day promises to heat up to 24C/75F.

Caeli is doing much better and is no longer in pain nor has blood in her urine that we can see.  Her final antibiotic is suppertime Wednesday.  We will be doing another urinalysis Thursday morning to make sure she is 100% clear of infection.

My face is scabbing over but I did find blood on my pillow case this morning.  I can tell I am healing as my face is itchy and I have to stop myself repeatedly from scratching.  As I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow for another vein treatment I can get her to check my facial progress.

Colin managed to get our annuals planted the other day. We picked the flowers together at the nusery but I am only allowed to supervise the planting.

Colin managed to get our annuals planted the other day. We picked the flowers together ( well mostly my decision ) at the nursery but I am only allowed to supervise the planting.

Interesting lighting as the sun was relfecting

Interesting lighting due to the sun’s reflection before dipping behind the hill.

Orca whaled.

First whale sighting of the season just off Galiano Island, B.C.


These photos were taken by Gramma Katie’s daughter Karoline Cullen who has a home on the Island.


<< Older Posts        Home        Newer Posts >>

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Exactly one month ago”

  1. Al McC says:

    Interesting Contessa, you return time is about the same as ours. We left Borrego Springs California and we normally take a month to get back, this year we got hung up with a combination of the March Break(s) weeks and Easter. Campsites in Carlsbad NM and a couple of other locations were occupied so we stayed longer in places where we could get campsites. As a result we didn’t get home until April 9th. We didn’t mind, most of the bad weather had gone at home.

    Next year we will monitor the “breaks” and plan accordingly!

  2. George Yates says:

    Looks like you are getting back into the routine and busy all the time.
    Enjoy your summer.

  3. Sandie says:

    Good news about Caeli. Now to get you well and healed.

  4. Sounds like good news for both you and Caeli. I hope the healing continues.


  5. Cat M says:

    Awww Contessa, I had to read back, but so sorry for all you’ve been going through. I hope that both you and Caeli keep on improving!

    Wish I could be there to share a glass of wine with you and give all of you big ((((hugs))))!

  6. Upriverdavid says:

    Maybe 2yrs ago when I had stuff on my face frozen I ran into a lady I know…She looked at me and said what happened to you?
    I had forgotten all about it since it was a couple of weeks past……I looked in the mirror and my face looked as if I had taken a hit from a shotgun!
    So as you are going through it..It looks much worse to the folks looking in…..
    Sorry to say she passed away last year..from cancer……
    It can and will kill you….Who would have thought, just from being exposed to the sun….
    Nice hat!! and take care,

Leave a Reply