Feb 02, 2014

No GOLD….

…and no champagne!

We had this bottle in the fridge, just waiting to pop the cork. Can you see how very chilled that bottle was?

We had no idea how to pass the hours as we awaited the results of the Tommie Awards.

Homemade pizza and a good movie helped.

Finally the phone rang at 11:30PM.  The news was not good.  We had not won a single Gold in any of our Tommie Award entries.  Colin maintained that 4 out of 4 Silvers was still superb.  Some of the clients he has done photography for have not even won a Silver, never mind a Gold award.  We figure that our modular home was in competition with regular homes and that made a huge difference.  Sigh!!  So we don’t get that gold statue but we do get to live in that fabulous home.

19 Responses to “No GOLD….”

1. val love says:

you may not hve won gold, but your house show and is gold to a lot of people who have seen it. your house is a wonderful retreat on the lake not only for people but birds, and sunshine and we like silver better,but let open the champagne any way need to toast same things, plus you pizza looks great.

Gracias Val….sure, why not we will share the bubbly one day soon.

Sandie…yes we do have a great home….silver or gold we do love it.

Lynda….gracias, we do love our new house and will enjoy it for many years to come. It just would have been extra special to win that gold Oscar like statue.

2. Sandie says:

Sorry you didn’t win any gold but four silvers – wow. I think that’s fantastic. And you do have a gorgeous home. So celebrate.

3. Lynda says:

Congratulations to Colin! 4 Silvers are a huge accomplishment, deserving of that yummy looking pizza & bottle of champagne.

4. longdog2 says:

You definitely have a fabulous home and you should certainly celebrate 4 silvers. That’s a big accomplishment.

5. I think you deserve the Champagne. You have a wonderful looking home, and you should celebrate it every chance you get.
    I have my own bottle of bubbly chilling that I was hoping to give to a friend of ours who is a massive Denver Broncos fan. I think she’ll be drowning her sorrows in beer after the Super Bowl, unfortunately.

Rod….thank you! We do love our home. Too bad about the outcome for your Broncos friend. We have several Rvers here from Colorado and they are very upset. The B.C. folks on the other hand are muy feliz.

Lynne….gracias. No the cork is staying on for now. There are several categories in the Tommies, including entering by price spent. We entered in the lowest which was “under 350,000 thousand”. Our home is small and high end and our competion had larger actual houses but which were lower end, ie the kitchen.

Suzanne…I haven’t heard of anyone else not being able to see the links. I will send them to you.

Connie….thanks, we will take them.

George….we had wine with the pizza. The champagne is yet to be opened.

6. Well perhaps a bit of politics have affected the outcome. Imagine having spent millions on a big fancy mansion and then to find out your fancy house photography has been upstaged by a less costly, but no less magnificent, modular home (and one that the photographer actually LIVES in)?!!! Imagine the outrage!!!

Getting 4 silvers is surely more solid recognition of Colin’s wide-ranging talent, than perhaps just 1 gold. So I say “job well done!”. Now pop the cork on that champagne! Val is thirsty!!!

7. Suzanne says:

Am I the only one who can’t see the links? It says I do not have permission to view the drafts. Think I’ll have a glass of bubbly while I wait…

8. Connie in PA says:

Congrats on the four silvers!!!!

9. 4 of 4 silvers is superb like Colin said.
    At least you had a nice cold bottle and yummy pizza to enjoy.

10. Kelly says:

Congratulations on silver….. how many entries are there?
    Your home is beautiful…

Hola Kelly, there were 48 categories with several entries in each. For the final gold we were competing against five other homes.

11. Teri says:

I think your home is the best, because you and Colin (and the girls) live in it!

12. Marty says:

Your home looks great and silver is nothing to sneeze at!

13. Marty says:

BTW, this is me, waving at you from Torres Mazatlan. Can you see me, lol?!