Dec 12, 2013

Another cruise ship and another party!

7 AM Wednesday morning brought yet another Holland America ship to the waters of Mazatlan.

Colin and I have cruised on the Statendam so this made the ship's visit extra special for us. This was an unexpected stop for this ship, a bonus to the schedule.

Shortly after our beach walk a large of amount of horses came past. The girls haven't seen them yet.

Now Caeli has noticed them and that means constant barking. The horses came quite close to our site, it was great to see. I knew that the Statendam was coming so I threw a Bon Voyage happy hour for RV1.

Some unexpected entertainment. The tractor was pulling a wagon that was towing the white truck that was towing yet another wagon. Too funny!

Meanwhile David Perez, the owner and manager of Tres Amigos RV Park dropped in for a moment. Colin photoshopped himself in the photo earlier today.

There she is, leaving port.

It was a bit overcast and not a great sunset.

Colin and I have cruised quite a bit but we much prefer our RV lifestyle.

Off into the sunset, next stop Puerto Vallarta.

Our happy hour continued on.

We have a good group of RVers here. Plans are in the works for a Christmas dinner and a few more activities.

So ended another long and fun day.

9 Responses to “Another cruise ship and another party!”

1. Evelyn says:

The decorations and lights at your RV site are beautiful!

Evelyn..we love them also.

Teri….we are having a fabulose time…..much better now that I am out of pain.

Cheryl…we are happy to adopt you but can’t provide a full time guy….but come anyway!

Jean….Christmas on the Isla is great.

Peter…what a great story…are you sure about the photoshop???

Chris…your site is waiting for you!

George….we are slow to get going but when we do…watch out 🙂

2. Teri says:

Everything looks so lovely, I love all the lights! So happy that you are all having such a nice time.

3. Cheryl says:

Could someone just adopt me? I love cruising on Holland America and especially on the Oosterdam. If I had a “full-time guy” I’d be tempted to be with you all in Mazatlan…

4. Jean says:

Your site looks lovely with all the lights, glad you are having such a fun time.

5. Peter says:

Sailed on the “Rijndam” in 1962 from Rotterdam to Halifax. I was seven years old and the journey was horrible for a young lad and his siblings. Constant fog and fog horns. A nasty bunch of bullies in the day care center. Not a good place for a kid. Nice to see the Dutch ships are of better use in the cruise business.

The isla life looks like something to look forward to, however a condo might be more our speed.

Thanks for your blog effort, and if Colin ever needs some photoshop help let me know.

Cheers, Peter.

6. chris says:

What a fun thing to do! I love it!

7. Another fun day on the Isla, such party animals you are there enjoying every minute.

8. Hugh Martell says:

The horses look in great shape by the way. I suspect they were returning from giving rides to guests on the cruise-ship. It’s quite a money maker for the owner of the horses which is good to see. It means they can afford to look after the animals. It also looks better to the riding guests. Poorly groomed and fed forses are noticed and word gets around fast when reviews are posted on shore excursion forums.