Jan 14, 2012
…..another mouse in the house!
Only this one had recently died, even our noses let us know we had an unwanted visitor.
Colin had gone into the bedroom and opened a cabinet above the bed, the smell drove him out of the room and drove Carmeh into the room. We never smelt it at all during the night and for that we were grateful. First thing was to empty all the over bed cabinets....very very carefully. Nothing found so far. Colin put Carmeh up in the cabinet and she immediately pinned the location. Next job was to take out the white back panel.
As soon as he removed the upper back panel 'it' fell out. We know we have 2 areasthatr these critters can get in but it can't be helped. We can't block up the entire engine. For 12 years we have used poison pellets which get munched and no critters return. However it seems that this season they want to come inside. Fortunately our RV is so well built that they can only get into a certain area which is easily opened up. Out went the mouse and out went the old insulation.
Next was a very very through vacuum and area clean up. We left the area open for several hours and the smell totally went away. Thank goodness.
We used some of this type insulation before putting the white back panel back up. Normally I do the inside jobs and Colin does the outside jobs. Today I fertalized my flowers and deadheaded while Colin dealt with the inside job. Personally I thought it was a brilliant plan!
<< Older Posts Home Newer Posts >>
Leave a Reply